Sunday, December 11, 2011

D'Consulate




 what I have experienced in this lounge. I can say, they are far from professionalism.


Something weird with the quick sentence review above of D’Consulate lounge, yes, the place is actually great but the bad management service make this place isn’t become the number one choice of lounge. Positioned in the central of Jakarta does not make this luxurious café concept have a great reputation - at least in my point of view. 


Un-equilibrium between the luxury of lounge and management service…


I got unpleasant experiences twice in this lounge. First, in my friend birthday party and second in my family gathering. This is actually not a good review from me, I just want to share 

We all know every restaurant, café, lounge, and other dining concept have their own rules. It is the same with D’consulate. As a big luxury lounge, they wanted to promote their dining concept to the new visitors. Therefore, they join to Deal Keren promotion tactics. There, they have a terms and conditions that explain every customer can use the voucher unlimited every visit and include tax/services. The weird thing is when the voucher validity period begins, my friend will redeem her voucher at that night. Unfortunately, the term and conditions which they agreed from Deal Keren not applicable even there was written evidence from the voucher, they still charge my friend with the tax and services with limited of five vouchers every transaction (does not match with the Deal Keren). Also, when you bring any other cake from outside you will get charge (it is ok actually), but in that time we still celebrate our friend birthday and the waitress stop my friend when she started to cut the cake (it was weird situation in that time). I mean, we understand if they already have their own rules about bringing outside cake, but was it ethical when you stop your customer in their celebration. You can tell those (customers) when they finish celebrating their birthday right? Can you imagine, actually how much they will charge the customers for bringing food outside the café? Is it reaches 1 million rupiahs? Come on, we can pay the charge, we are not pitiable people just because we use vouchers.

The second is when I arrange my family gathering in this lounge. Still using Deal Keren voucher. In the afternoon I called D’consulate to book one table at 8.00 pm for my family, at that time they said,”I am sorry, tonight at 9.00 pm we held dance party, so you cannot use the promo when the party started”. So, I said to her, she can set my family gathering at 7.00 pm and I still want to use Deal Keren voucher. Then, she said, “Oh, oke, I’ll set your table”. FYI, I already phoned this café twice just for assure if I can use my vouchers at that night, but she still didn’t answer my question (I remember the waitress face – this waitress is the same one who cut my friend birthday celebration). Then, my hand phone was low battery and I need to turn it off. At 7.00 pm I arrived with my family, I said that I already booked. You know what they said to me, “Oh, I am sorry we cannot reach your phone. Today we don’t allow any promo. If you want, you can spend 1.500.000 rupiahs per table.” What?! After I phoned them twice? When I explained my condition, that waitress (still the same waitress) said that it was oke to eat before 9.00 pm (before the event started). I relief, but in 3 minutes later, the other waitress who really assertive said that I cannot use any promo that night. What the?!What kind of lounge is that? The management is really poor…really really poor…

The last visit to D’consulate lounge. To gain maximum profit, they willing to use a regular chair to serves it guests in the cafe even though the place already full. As a result the café is not luxurious café anymore, it was too crowded.

FYI, from the first experience. I talked to the manager of the café to discuss about the different conditions between the written terms in Deal Keren and their café. He said “Saya kaget juga antusias masyarakat beli voucher sangat tinggi,” essentially they are not ready to deal with the customers who uses Deal Keren vouchers and they don’t appreciate much for the customers who use promos.

It is definitely not Deal Keren false. It’s all about the café management.

Still, I talk about the management. For the menus, its good.







No comments:

Post a Comment