Monday, October 1, 2012

It's beyond the fashion - It's WORLD

Navicula?
Navicula, what?
Navicula, who?
Navicula, seriously, what it is?

Yep, that's a big question in my mind when my closest friend (read: boyfriend) invite me to come to Sound for Orang Utan event in Rolling Stone, on 30 September 2012. Whatever the heck they are, I'm in, because is more than see different world (read: fashion). It is about accompanying him. And its so rare opportunity to know more about the Orang Utan "things".

Let's skip for my uncomfortable feeling when I was there.

The situation I learn is. There is a special event like Sound for Orang Utan event that I will not count it as the 'real' event by a person like me. All I know this time is about fashion, but yep, I have to admit it. They are super cool! The event, the idea, their concern, blend softly in the 'that-day agenda'. Although there are many 'outside' band (means that, I don't know about them at all), my closest-friend really wanted to see Navicula.

Whaat? (with super annoying face)

The good news is, we have to wait until the last show, which is it is at 10.00 pm. The more expression, WHAAAT? (who the hell are they that I have to wait for such a long time) - we arrive at 06.00 pm by the way. So that, with subtle encouragement, I seduced him to go out for a while, at least for eat! (skip this Mall story)

Here we go. At night. 08.00 pm for sure. We already 'stand-by' to listen to this 'unknown' band. I don't know how to portrayed my feelings at that time, the one I remember was, "This for him, you have to stay, he sickly wants to watch this Kultikula band" (sorry for making a new name, since I don't know you people, peace). That's became the mantra for the long night.

Keeping my face straight and try hard to smile (he didn't realize for God sake, I can be an actress!).
Navicula is on stage!
Fyuuh...oke let's begins...I need to go home ( the time already pointed that I need to sleep, 11.30 pm on Monday night, come on).

Before their first song started, they tell a story a little bit, showed the video, and I realized - GOSH THEY ARE REALLY SOMEBODY. I'm very sorry man, since I'm not a rocker person, you should understand. I don't know when they started, but all I know is, they known inside and outside this country, more than Agnes Monica I guess.

THE GREAT POINT IS, THE DO CARE WITH OUR EARTH (read: Indonesia earth).



About Navicula :

In Indonesia, Navicula are known as “the Green Grunge Gentlemen”. Since the formation of the band back in the 90’s, environmental and social issues have been a consistent theme in Navicula’s music. Living in Bali, the band often finds inspiration in nature, and seeing the environmental changes happening in Bali and the world, this inspires many of the topics of their songs. Environmental issues today affect all of us. It is important to act now and do what we can to spread awareness and understanding of greener practices. For Navicula, this is through their music. Using music as a medium they are spreading awareness to youth across Indonesia.

They have recorded Pantai Mimpi [Dream Beach] about the excesses and negative impacts of coastal development in Bali and the threats posed by pesticides to Bali’s beautiful fireflies, “Kali Mati” [Dead River] about the pollution of the rivers in Indonesia. In Hinduism, Kali is goddess of “Time” or “Death” (as in the time has come). The ‘green grunge gentlemen’ also turned their attention to the plight of one of our closest relatives, with a new song “Orangutan”. The song’s video includes footage from Green: The Film, a documentary about orangutans that has won 36 awards to date and is available free online.

Navicula believes, through art, a language youth can relate to, they are planting the seeds of change. Navicula continues to support social and environmental campaigns in Indonesia and around the world. 

Source : http://www.naviculamusic.com/biography/

In that night, I listen to all their music (accompanying with some crazy people dancing like - I-do-not-know from where the inspiration is). Almost all their lyrics (or maybe all, sorry the sound of rocker a little bit hard to listen, since they are screaming) upholding national issues. It's kind of cool in my opinion, their appearance might be 'frightening' to me. But their heart, make me fall in love. Kinda I'm become a new fans of them. They care about people's live (traditional ones), animals (oranf utan), and many more!

They are very inspirational. You have to see it for yourself.

Check out their channel please, http://www.youtube.com/user/Naviculabali 

OH, by the way, I have a great closing performance at that night. Thanks a lot to Navicula. You rock my world! LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment